Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Aaaaaand we're back.

It's so tough to get going again when you take a blog hiatus.  Ideas form in the head, take shape into potential posts, and then the hurdle of restarting causes them to wither like fruit left on the vine too long.

There's the pressure to explain why it's been a month since your last post.  There's the mild embarrassment that others have had to reach out to make sure you're doing OK, that nothing bad has happened.

Well, I had a little hiccup.  I had a crazy work week, combined with exhaustion on my days off.  And then I left town, and then crazy work schedule when I got back.

Oh, yeah, and that event that sent 5 years of work and focus down the drain--not getting into grad school.  I'd like to think I took it all in stride, and certainly I didn't have a nervous break down--I kept getting up in the mornings, and going to work, and playing with my kids.  But all that was habit if nothing else.  Sticking to the routine was a way to avoid dealing with and feeling the loss of a dream.  I was bobbing and weaving, my gloves were up, but I was against the ropes and more than a little punch drunk.

Through all of this, I did the worst thing I could have.  I stopped running.  And so, add the loss of my stress outlet to all of the above.

But I'm here now.  I've been running regularly for almost 2 weeks back now, after a 2 week hiatus.  It's always amazing how quickly things start to regress after a break.  Especially when a new runner like I am.  Something I'm glad didn't regress though, was my weight loss.  I gained a couple pounds, but it was easy to get back on track.

The blog, apparently not so much.

Soon with new content.