Sunday, July 28, 2013

Run Report 7/28/13

17 minutes at 5 mph on the treadmill.  Please don't laugh at my small time and turtle pace--it's only my 2nd week back running.

I didn't feel particularly good when I started running, and I knew I was in trouble when I looked down for my first time check and realized I had only been running for 2 minutes.  I suspect that my body is beginning to understand that I'm serious about the nutrition/running thing this time around, and has decided to pitch a tantrum in its bid to remain lazily corpulent.

"But that's OK, good sir.  I will drag your screaming, whiny ass from here into next week for next week's runs.  You may try and make this difficult for me, but I will prevail.  And believe you me, as the pounds fall away, have no doubt that I will be pushing you.  So you may as well just get on board, buster."

Such was the pep talk I gave myself as I pushed through and completed my time. 

Of course I started at 15 minutes two weeks ago, and 17 minutes was my gradual increase for this past week.  This coming week I'll move to 19 minutes.  Once I reach 30 minutes straight, I will then start increasing my speed gradually, by 0.2 mph/week until I reach 6 mph.  Then begin again slowly increasing the time.  At some point I hope to be doing enough treadmill work that I can transition to running outdoors some as well.  But I don't know when that will be.

It's slower than I'd like to advance, but I am determined to make this stick this time around. 

And I am positive this early foundation will be critical to success.

At this point I deeply dislike running, but I love the feeling afterward. 

And I'm loving the results on the scale of the combination of nutrition and exercise programs.